Length - 2 Weeks - 8 x 2.25 hour classes
Today’s digital landscape has made it easier and less expensive than ever to produce stunning printed creations. This course focuses on modern desktop publishing services and teaches you how to source out and produce a huge variety of printed media. Projects range from business cards, banners, and brochures to canvas prints, photo books and personalized corporate gifts such as pens, backpacks and fridge magnets.
Online Desktop Publishing
- Conduct Web searches and compare various online desktop publishing suppliers such as Staples, VistaPrint, Walmart, Mixbook, Shutterfly etc.
- Create business cards, pamphlets, brochures, posters, calendars and books using these online services.
- Modify page backgrounds, layout, page colour and add text or images to online print creations.
- Prepare for final printing and search for discount coupons to save money
File Management and Image Editing
- Download pictures from your camera to your computer
- Create folders and use Windows Explorer to organize your images on your computer
- Make backup copies of your photos on external hard drives, thumb drives and CD’s/DVD’s
- Use Photo Gallery to view and manage images
- Use “Quick fix” functions to automatically repair images
- Use other functions such as: Brightness / Contrast, Levels, Hue / Saturation / Lightness to refine an image, make sepia tones, watermarks and other creative effects
- Rotate, straighten, crop and resize images
- Remove Red Eye and other blemishes
Are you ready to take this course?